For Viewing SONY Copyrighted Videos
Step by Step instructions for acquiring a license from Sony Music.
1) Download the clip from the MegaUpload link from N-N.net.
2) Locate the downloaded file on your hard drive and double-click on it to launch Windows Media Player.
3) You may or may not see a notice to download a security upgrade for WMP.
If you do receive this notice, go ahead and download the security upgrade.
4) Once the security upgrade is complete, WMP will attempt to acquire a license to view the clips, as the clips are protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM) by Sony Music. Click on "Yes" to acquire the license.
5) You will see a window pop up titled "License Acquisition". There may be some gibberish in the window. There are two buttons on the bottom - "Cancel" is to cancel the license acquisition process and "Play" is grayed out until the license has been acquired.
6) At the bottom of WMP, you'll see a status notice showing "Acquiring license..."
7) Once the license has been acquired successfully, the "License Acquisition" window will allow you to click "Play."
Congratulations! You've acquired a license successfully to play the special versions of the PVs.
Trouble Shooting Help
What if the windows titled "License Acquisition" seems to take forever to acquire the license?
Some things you can do:
1) Open up WMP and go into the OPTIONS menu and select the PRIVACY tab. Make sure "Acquire licenses automatically for protected content" is checked.
2) Open up Internet Explorer and go into the OPTIONS menu and select the SECURITY tab. Make sure the setting is at the default level of MEDIUM-HIGH.
3) Open up Internet Explorer and go into the OPTIONS menu and select the PRIVACY tab. Make sure the setting is at the default level of MEDIUM.
4) If you would like to understand the background of what WMP is doing, please visit Microsoft's webpage here:
[ Link ]
Scroll down to the section on Digital Rights Management and the section on acquiring licenses.